PRIMARY SCHOOL PROGRAMME :
- RISHS International School, Chennai offers the Primary School Programme that has been designed to develop within students an equal measure of content knowledge, skill application and attitude building. The curriculum encourages students to engage in authentic inquiry, exploration, and creative problem-solving skills.
- It develops children's competence in various skills - reading, writing, listening, speaking, problem-solving, collaboration, communication, observation, measurement and the use of information and communication technology.
- Besides a strong emphasis on these fundamental skills, there is also a drive towards originality, creativity, and independence of thought.
- The Primary School curriculum offers an exciting and creative learning environment, with an inter-disciplinary appreciation of Languages, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, as individual and integrated subjects.
- We recognise the twenty-first century demands of high standards of linguistic ability and we help our students acquire the linguistic competence required in various life situations.
- The school offers Tamil as a Second Language, and also a choice between Hindi and French is offered as the Third Language, which helps the children communicate effectively, interact in a culturally appropriate manner and build a strong foundation .
- Mathematics at our school provides an effective way of building mental discipline, vigour and encourages logical reasoning.
- Other subjects in our curriculum provide opportunities for experiential learning through hands-on projects, experiments, collaborative activities and more. Connections built between course topics and other subjects, ensure relevant integration. The learning process inspires students to obtain a deeper knowledge of the subjects and in the process, students also hone their organizational and research skills, and develop better communication with their peers and adults.
- Active learning techniques like free play, dramatisation, puppetry, singing, dancing and cooking enhance their learning.
- Personal, Social and Health Education form an integral part of the holistic development of every student at the school. We believe that education in a safe, supportive, and challenging environment is a vital component in the development of children’s physical and emotional health and well-being.
- Our Fine Arts curriculum aims to inspire and nurture the potential talents of our students and enrich their minds. Music is a child’s vehicle of expression, and besides being fun and engaging, our Music curriculum hones the musical abilities of our young ones.
- Dance and Yoga have several physical and emotional benefits for children. The movement and stillness of the two skills, corroborate rather than contradict each other. Hence, keeping this in view the school offers a comprehensive package for the children to get training in Dance & Yoga.
- Speech and skit build confidence and develop language and communication skill, besides reinforcing the rest of the school curriculum. Hence, meticulous care is taken to zero in on these two vital domains.
- The wide range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities offered, helps instil in children confidence and discipline, as it reflects in their ability to express themselves, in addition to developing pragmatic skills.
- These activities encourage and equip students to participate in inter-house academic, cultural and sports events. Besides academic activities, students also engage themselves and participate in assemblies, concerts, cultural events and drama productions, which help shape their confidence and help them make fulfilling life choices and authentic contributions.
- The backbone of our learnt curriculum is authentic assessments, which requires students to apply new knowledge and skills in a practical way. The learning objectives are clearly stated throughout the curriculum and help students achieve the outcomes as a result of the education.
RISHS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
16/2A,Kundrathur Main Road, Mangadu,Chennai-600122
+91 9585 555 555 , +91 7094 455 700, +91 7094 455 701